Getting ready for the Domestic Renewable Heat Incentive.

If you’re the sort that’s always looking for new ways to diversify your business, the long awaited launch of the Domestic Renewable Heat Incentive may have come non-to-soon. The launch, due this Easter, will see huge changes in the heating industry.

By gaining a Microgeneration Certification Scheme (MCS) accreditation you will be able to start offering Biomass system installations to your customers. You’ll be equipped with a mixture of technical knowledge and practical confidence to your customers with the advice they need to take informed decisions about entering into the Domestic Renewable Heat Incentive.

But with these extra services come with extra risks to your business, so it’s important that you review your insurance to make sure you are still protected. In addition to the usual Public and Employer’s Liability insurances which covers the more practical side of your trade, Professional Indemnity Insurance needs to be considered to cover the advice you are giving.

As an MCS installer, you will be giving your customers advice and providing reports regarding their energy efficiency. Should you overlook or miscalculate on any of this advice you could be facing severe financial consequences if you don’t have the necessary levels of Professional Indemnity Insurance in place.

You won’t qualify for the Domestic RHI without having undertaken a Green Deal Assessment in the first place. So if you are undertaking Green Deal Assessments then you must make sure you have the correct professional indemnity insurance in place. Likewise, if you partner with a Green Deal Assessor, to undertake the assessment, then they will need to have their own professional indemnity insurance.

View comments
comments powered by Disqus