The good news? We’ll cover all that for you. With us you can easily find, quote and set up the right insurance for your home business – so you can relax and focus on making your customers happy. Need any help along the way? Just give us a call.
Home office. Treatment room. Online retailer. Working from home is great… but it’s important not to become complacent. While your house insurance will cover you for many things, it probably won’t stretch far enough to protect your business – and the important stuff, like laptops and cash you’ve not yet had the chance to take to the bank.
Home business insurance packages are designed for all kinds of people working from home – like home-based accountants and consultants, to beauty therapists treating clients from a single, peaceful room in their house. If that sounds like you, then you may want Public Liability insurance. And with us you can get that, plus a whole bunch of optional extras. Just take a look at ‘What’s on offer’ below for the full story.
- Independent professionals who spend a lot of time on the road but need somewhere to base their business
- Start-up businesses looking to get established before moving to an office or retail unit
- Small businesses who carry out services or treatments in their own home
- Retailers who store stock at home and trade without a physical ‘shop front’
First and foremost we can arrange Public Liability insurance for claims made against you — in case a member of the public suffers injury or damage to their property as a result of you running your business. Then there are all those handy, optional extras…
Own laptops, printers and scanners? Electrical Equipment insurance will cover you for a number of techie disasters. Home storeroom bursting with products? Add stock cover. Treating people in your home? We’ll add cover for accidents including a wide range of therapies – from head to toe.
- Public Liability – protecting you from claims made by the public
- Electrical Equipment – cover the expensive things like computers, copiers and printers
- Business Interruption – keeps you trading
- Computer Breakdown – there if your technology lets you down
- Money – covers cash secured on the premises and in transit
- Specified hair and beauty treatments – cover for a range of accidents
Although there are loads of things this insurance can cover, there are – as with any policy – a few things it can’t. We want to be open with you about the exclusions on the policies – so you know just what you’re getting.
We’ve listed some of them on the right. Most are common sense – like not covering for thefts where there is no evidence of break-in, or for claims made on treatments you haven’t declared. However, all policies are different. So before you buy, it’s important to check the exclusions listed by your chosen insurer to make sure you know what is (and isn’t) included.
- Theft where there is no evidence of forced or violent entry
- Premises where minimum security isn’t in place
- Stock or equipment stored in unsecure sheds and garages
- Claims resulting from business activities or treatments that have not been declared
- Items being worked upon – when things are being cleaned, repaired and restored
- Products sold or shipped outside of the EU