And that’s where we come in. On our website you can easily find, quote and set up your business insurance. Which all means you’re free to focus on making your clients feel great – rather than worrying about a claim being made against you. And of course, if you need us, we’re just a call away.
Cutting and styling. Dying and bleaching. Waxing and tanning. When treatments involve razor-sharp scissors, red-hot wax and cupboards full of stock, you’ll want to know you’re covered for mishaps – beyond slips and trips.
If you own or run a salon, you may want Public Liability insurance. We can arrange Salon Insurance packages for salons of all shapes and sizes – from independent barbers and hairdressers, to small chains offering a wide range of hair and beauty treatments… With us, you can tailor your package beyond Public Liability so it covers the services and treatments you offer (take a look at ‘What’s on offer’ below for the full picture).
- Hairdressers and stylists
- Beauticians and beauty salons
- Nail bars and nail technicians
- Manicurists and pedicurists
- Beauty therapists
First and foremost we can arrange Public Liability insurance for claims made against you — in case a member of the public suffers injury or damage to their property as a result of you running your business. Once that’s out of the way, you can add on all those handy, optional extras to make your package your own…
Shelves brimming with products? We can arrange cover for you. Got staff to look after? We’ll add Employers’ Liability Insurance to fulfil your legal requirement. Using peroxides and dyes? Policies can cover accidents for a broad range of treatments – from head to toe.
- Public Liability – protecting you from claims made by the public
- Tenants Improvements – if renting, you might want to change a few things, like partition walls and basins
- Contents – cover what’s inside
- Stock – cover your goods in a lump sum
- Money – covers cash secured on the premises and in transit
- Glass/Shop Front – covers damage to windows and signage
- Specified hair and beauty treatments
- Ear piercing
- Spray tanning
Although there are loads of things this insurance can cover, there are – as with any policy – a few things it can’t. We want to be open with you about the exclusions on the policies – so you know just what you’re getting.
We’ve listed some of them on the right. Most are common sense – like not covering for deliberate or reckless acts, or for things stolen by employees. However, all policies are different. So before you buy, it’s important to check the exclusions listed by your chosen insurer to make sure you know what is (and isn’t) included.
- Treatments performed by employees without the right qualifications
- Treatments that have not been declared
- Reactions to treatments where the proper procedures haven’t been followed (e.g. skin tests)
- Theft where there is no evidence of a break in or forced entry
- Theft by employees
- Contamination or pollution
- Unoccupied premises