Shop Insurance

Shelves full of stock. Cash in the safe. Signs on your storefront. As a shop owner, you’ll know there are plenty of other things to look after – beyond insurance for slips and trips.

On our website you can easily find, quote and set up the right insurance for your business. So you’re free to focus on making your customers happy – rather than worrying about damages or claims. Need a little help along the way? Just give us a call.

These shop insurance packages are designed for all kinds of high street businesses including:

  1. Bakeries
  2. Takeaway Resturants
  3. Cafes
  4. Clothing Stores
  5. Newsagents
  6. Furniture Retailers
  7. Electrical Stores

So if you want Public Liability insurance for your shop, plus a whole bunch of optional extras – you’re in the right place. Just take a look at ‘What's on offer’ below for the full story.

  • Newsagents, grocers and convenience stores
  • Clothes and shoe shops
  • Food and drink retailers
  • Sandwich and coffee shops
  • Furniture and carpet retailers
  • Hardware and DIY stores
  • And many more…

First and foremost we can arrange Public Liability insurance for claims made against you — in case a member of the public suffers injury or damage to their property as a result of shopping with you. On top of that, there are all those handy, optional extras to protect your shop and what’s inside…

Fridges full of alcohol? Freezers brimming with food? We can add cover for your stock –­– and the expensive stuff that thieves might target. Got staff to think about? Add Employers’ Liability Insurance to fulfil your legal requirement. Bundles of cash in the safe? Relax knowing it’s protected with Money cover.

  • Public Liability – protecting you from claims made by the public
  • Tenants Improvements – when renting, you might want to change a few things, like partition walls and basins
  • Contents – cover what’s inside
  • Stock – cover your goods in a lump sum
  • High Risk Stock ­– itemise the expensive bits, like alcohol, power tools and mobile phones
  • Frozen Food/Deterioration of Stock – cover your food and drink
  • Business Interruption – keeps you trading
  • Money – covers cash secured on the premises and in transit
  • Glass/Shop Front – covers damage to windows and signage
  • Goods in Transit – covering damaging to stock or goods in transit
  • Loss of Licence – such as a liquor license for a retailer

Although there are loads of things this insurance can cover, there are – as with any policy – a few things it can’t. So we want to be frank with you about the exclusions on the policies – so you know just what you’re getting.

We’ve listed some of them on the right. Most are common sense – like not covering for theft when there’s no sign of a break in, or for things stolen by your staff. However, all policies are different. So before you buy, it’s important to check the exclusions listed by your chosen insurer to make sure you know what is (and isn’t) included.

  • Theft where there’s no evidence of a break in or forced entry
  • Theft by employees
  • Contamination or pollution
  • An unoccupied premises